As the seasons change, so does the mountain. This is your guide for everything new and improved this year.
Powder Monkey Lift
For the first time since 2006, Snowshoe Mountain has a brand-spankin’-new lift! This new lift will increase uphill capacity and provide easier access to Western Territory. This means more runs and more fun for you (and it’s got a pretty nifty conveyor belt loading system). Our new lift opened December 15. You can see the whole process here.
While the new Powder Monkey lift is now a four person chair, we still use a fixed-grip system. On days with ice and high winds, the high-speed detachable lifts (think Ballhooter and Soaring Eagle) won’t work right and therefore won’t run. Powder Monkey can run any day, in any weather.
The conveyor belt loading system takes the hardest parts of loading a lift and does them for you. All you have to do is slide onto the belt and the lift takes care of the rest. This lets us run the lift at a faster speed, meaning less wait times. Powder Monkey is now only 1 minute longer of a ride than Ballhooter.
Western Territory First Tracks
We are excited to announce a new First Tracks program on Western Territory. Take advantage of untouched corduroy for 45 minutes before the official rope drop. This will take place on select Sundays throughout the winter season. A special First Tracks ticket will be required and can be booked in advance in addition to your daily lift ticket. Primo passholders will have Western First Tracks access at no additional charge. Stay tuned for more information on Western First Tracks while we work to open Cupp and Shay’s.
We have implemented several changes to our day parking infrastructure for the 2023/2024 winter season, including the addition of paid parking in the South Mountain area.
- Top of the World Lot A is now paid parking with prices ranging from $10-$25 per day depending on demand. This parking will be free of charge Monday-Wednesday during non-holiday periods and during late value season period.
- Top of the World Lot B is reserved for Top of the World homeowners and guests.
- Top of the World Lot C and D are free of charge. Free parking is also available at Silver Creek and The Inn with shuttles available from both locations.
- The Village Lot is reserved exclusively for Village lodging homeowners and guests. This includes Allegheny Springs, Expedition Station, Highland House, Rimfire, and Seneca lodging locations.
- The Primo Pass lot will return to The Big Top (Ski Patrol building).
- The Skidder lot is premium paid parking for $25 per day and is available on a first-come first-serve basis.
- The Ravenswood Lot is reserved exclusively for employees and volunteers.
These parking policies only apply to the 2023/2024 winter season. Only select large event weekends will have paid parking for Summer 2024.
Shopping and Dining
New this year is The Inn Zone. This sports bar style restaurant option is located at The Inn at the base of the mountain and is expected to open in late December or early January. Keep an eye out for more info on the Inn Zone when it opens.
The Burger Bus has moved up top and is slope side, just off Skidder, near The Big Top.
In the Village, Full Tilt and the Village Scoop have swapped locations. Full Tilt is now located in the corner of Expedition next to the info booth and Village Scoop will be in the lower level of Allegheny Springs, near Split Rock Pools.
Ice Skating at Silver Creek
An outdoor, synthetic ice rink is in progress at Silver Creek and will be open this season. Stay tuned for more information on this new off snow activity.
As the saying goes, “the more things change, the more they stay the same.” While we’ve made some changes, big and small, our sweet groom, vibrant village life, soul-healing sunsets, and incredible night skiing all remain the same. Grab your gear and your friends, we’ll see y’all on the mountain.